Where to get help

If you need advice about a credit or consumer matter, contact the Consumer Action Law Centre (CALC) (seeContacts”).

CALC is Australia’s largest specialist consumer legal practice, employing a team of solicitors with expertise in consumer litigation and dispute resolution. Its legal practice aims to achieve redress for low-income, vulnerable and disadvantaged consumers in Victoria who have suffered loss in any one of a variety of consumer law disputes.

If you are unsure whether credit is a good option for you, or you are having difficulty with debt, contact a free financial counselling service, such as the National Debt Helpline (tel: 1800 007 007) (see also Financial counselling services).