Placing a child for adoption

Anyone considering relinquishing a child for adoption with anyone other than relatives should make arrangements to see a social worker at an approved adoption agency or at DHHS. Opportunity is given to fully discuss all options, including arrangements other than adoption. If a person finally decides to relinquish a child for adoption, the agency can arrange for the child to be cared for before they are placed with an adoptive family (if necessary).