The Legal Practitioner’s Guide contains precedents for child support agreements and court orders. This guide was jointly produced by the Family Law Council, the Family Law Department of the Law Council of Australia, and the Australian Government Department of Human Services in 2008.
Legal advice about maintenance or child support issues is available through Victoria Legal Aid’s (VLA) Child Support Legal Service. To help VLA assess which child support service you need, complete the online form at www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/childsupportenquiry.
Victoria Legal Aid – Child Support Legal Service
Tel: 9269 0408; 1300 792 387
• Administrative Appeals Tribunal: www.aat.gov.au
• Australian Government Department of Human Services: www.humanservices.gov.au
• Australian Government Department of Social Services (formerly FaHCSIA): www.dss.gov.au
• Federal Circuit Court: www.federalcircuitcourt.gov.au
• Financial Counselling Australia: www.financialcounsellingaustralia.org.au
• Victoria Legal Aid: www.legalaid.vic.gov.au