Complaints against Victoria Police


Merys Williams, Solicitor, Robinson Gill Lawyers


Complaints may relate to police misconduct, corruption, or discrimination, or administrative matters such as freedom of information. Complaints can be oral or in writing. IBAC or police investigate complaints, which need to be supported with carefully recorded evidence. Whether to make a complaint, and when, should be carefully considered, with legal advice, especially if charges are pending or when pressing charges or suing police for damages.

This section includes the following topics:


A PDF of this chapter from The Law Handbook 2018 can be purchased for only $5.50. To purchase, visit the Fitzroy Legal Service online store.