Joseph Gorman, Partner, Gorman & Hannan
People under 18 years of age have rights and responsibilities. Leaving home, employment, drinking, smoking, weapons, voting, making a will, tattoos and body piercings, passports and corporal punishment are regulated activities.
This section includes the following topics:
- Young people’s rights: an overview
- Rights and duties at school
- Sexual relations and sexual abuse
- Medical treatment
- Young people’s legal liability
- Young people giving evidence in court
- Family law
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
A PDF of this chapter from The Law Handbook 2019 can be purchased for only $5.50. To purchase, visit the Fitzroy Legal Service online store.