More information: Road law for cyclists and skaters

Government organisations

Civic Compliance Victoria

277 William Street, Melbourne Vic 3000

Tel: 9200 8111


Civic Compliance Victoria provides information about your rights and responsibilities in regards to traffic, parking, public transport and local council fines.

Transport Accident Commission (TAC)

60 Brougham Street, Geelong Vic 3220

Tel: 1300 654 329; 1800 332 556



The TAC pays for treatment and pays benefits to eligible people who have been injured in a transport accident, including some bicycle crashes.


Tel: 13 11 71


VicRoads manages Victoria’s roads and provides information about road rules and safety for cyclists.

Victorian Government Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources

1 Spring Street, Melbourne Vic 3000

Tel: 9651 9999