• The Guide to Social Security Law published by Centrelink (which sets out the rules it follows in administering all income security programs) is available at http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law.
• The text of the SSA, with annotations based on AAT and Federal Court decisions, is set out in Social Security and Family Assistance Law, published by the Welfare Rights Centre, Canberra and Federation Press, Sydney.
• The Social Security Reporter, published electronically four times a year, reports current tribunal and court decisions and developments in social security law. It can be ordered by using the subscription form available at www.welfarerights.org.au/ssr.
• CCH publishes an up-to-date publication on social security law.
• Each year, Centrelink produces up-to-date pamphlets on the pensions and benefits currently available and the rates at which they are paid.
For information about current payment rates, check the telephone directory or the Centrelink website (address below) and call the 13 number (for cost of a local call) relating to the payment you need information about.
The booklet, Guide to Australian Government Payments, and much other information on social security payments, is available on the Department of Human Services website at www.humanservices.gov.au/corporate/publications-and-resources/a-guide-to-australian-government-payments.