Having a will checked


Once a will has been made, it can be taken to a community legal centre, or to a solicitor, to have it checked (for contact details, see Legal services that can help).

For a small fee, the will can be drawn up by a solicitor, a trustee company or the State Trustees. You can contact the State Trustees for details regarding fees for their services and rates of commission on the value of an interest (solely owned by the willmaker) in a matrimonial home transferred or conveyed to the surviving spouse. Where the matrimonial home is jointly owned by husband and wife then it passes by law to the survivor and therefore does not attract a commission charge.

State Trustees

1 McNab Avenue, Footscray Vic 3011

Tel: 9667 6444; 1300 138 672

Web: www.statetrustees.com.au

Services are available in central Melbourne, in Dandenong and throughout regional Victoria.