Contributor: Annette Rubinstein, General Counsel, Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick Lawyers
The right to control the copying of your own work – whether it be a piece of writing, a computer program, music, art or film – is protected under copyright and intellectual property law.
This section includes the following topics:
- What is copyright?
- Ownership of copyright
- Duration of copyright
- Requirements for copyright to exist
- Exclusive rights of copyright holders
- Loss of copyright protection
- Infringement of copyright
- Moral rights and other copyright issues
A PDF of this chapter from The Law Handbook 2017 can be purchased for only $5.50. To purchase, click here.