Contributor: Douglas James, Barrister
It is easy to get into debt but remember there is always help available. The sooner you address your debt problem the easier it will be.
This section includes the following topics:
- Introduction and recent changes to the law
- Changes to credit reporting and privacy protection
- Queries about your credit report
- Contact from the creditor to try to make you pay
- Statute barred debts
- Your rights and your options
- If you are sued
- Defences if you are sued
- Applying for a rehearing
- Enforcement of court orders
- Services that can provide assistance
A PDF of this chapter from The Law Handbook 2017 can be purchased for only $5.50. To purchase, click here.